Teresa Leigh is an award-winning pioneer in the field of household risk management for high net-worth families and individuals. Due to her unmatched and nationally recognized expertise in the hiring of staff and the management of household and ranch property, she is one of the most sought-after speakers on the subject and is frequently featured in publications such as Worth, Forbes, and the New York Times.
Her comprehensive and empathetic understanding of the affluent household gives her the ability to immediately identify and solve the problems and issues facing today’s busy affluent client.
Established in 2005, Ms. Leigh’s unique firm, Teresa Leigh Household Risk Management, went national in 2007, providing comprehensive services offered by no other firm in the industry. Her groundbreaking research projects have established the following cost-saving benchmarks and best-practices:
- Ethonomics testing for employees
- 54 specialized private service/domestic job titles and descriptions, including compensation-ranges-to-skill-value ratios
- 2018 database of salary and benefit trends
- Comprehensive skill testing and personality screening
- Best-practices to identify and minimize legal risk to clients and their employees
- Caregiver and domestic staff expense for in-home care
Winner of the 2017 Best Lifestyle Advisory Firm by Private Asset Management, Ms. Leigh is frequently invited to speak on the topic of staffing for high net-worth clients and the trends that affect the HNW household.
Her past speaking engagements include, but are not limited to, the following:
- CHUBB VIP Advisor and Conferences
- Family Wealth Alliance
- Private Asset Management
- NBA Rookie Camp
- NBA Sports Agents Symposium
- Morgan Stanley Private Wealth Managers
- Institute for Private Investors
- Family Office Exchange Financial Executives Forum
Ms. Leigh has written and consulted on numerous articles and white papers including the following:
- “The Aging Affluent Client and In-Home Caregivers,” In-house publication, April 2017
- “Gambling Assets on Low Wage Workers,” In-house publication, November 2015
- “Building Trust: Best Practices in Working with Vendors and Contractors,” Morgan Stanley White Paper, August 2014
- “Maintaining Harmony at Home: Best Practices in Hiring and Retaining Household Staff,” Morgan Stanley Smith Barney White Paper, January 2013
- “Secrets of the Help,” November 2012, Forbes Magazine
- “Lifestyle Advice,” January 2012, Worth Magazine
- Domestic Workers Employment Rights, CNBC, 2013
- “Welcome to Downtown Abbey,” November 2012, New York Post
- “How Your Household Helps Put You at Risk,” May 2012, CNBC interview
- “Financial Self Defense,” April 2012, Atlantic Trust White Paper
- “Color the 1 Percent 99 Percent Conflicted,” February 2012, New York Times
- “The Domestic Staffing Cycle: From Hiring to Firing,” HUB International Personal Insurance White Paper, 2009
Ms. Leigh’s firm, Teresa Leigh Household Risk Management, advises clients nationwide with offices in New York, NY; Palo Alto, CA; and Raleigh, NC. Her client list includes high net-worth families with multiple properties, families with multi-generational wealth, and high-profile entrepreneurs.
For a full list of Ms. Leigh's publications, media appearances and speaking engagements, see the Media page.